Optaros is seeking a geekAustin-er to be part of our awesome and growing development team. We're right in the heart of Austin, and are doing some really cool ecommerce work for global clients (some of our clients include PUMA, Walmart, Macy's, Coach, Activision, etc...). We offer a great salary, cook perks, and a team of really energized folks who are all committed to success.
Senior Developers use their software design and engineering experience to provide simple yet robust technical solutions for our clients. At Optaros, we leverage our open source roots and distributed development methods to iterate quickly and deliver high-quality, innovative eCommerce solutions. In addition to individual contributions, Senior Developers are often responsible for leading small teams and mentoring more junior programmers.
· Writing Code. Senior Developers are primarily responsible for creating and improving well-organized, robust source code with maintainability and portability in mind. Our own development processes are taken largely from the agile, distributed methodologies born from open source software projects. We’re seeking those who relish an agile environment or who are looking to take part in a more collaborative development process.
· Requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation. As a senior technical resource, you will assist in architectural planning and help to shape the overall design of various components within a clients’ solution. In this capacity, you will facilitate user requirements sessions, design technical specifications for assigned modules, and write documentation for requirements analysis, design specifications, installation guides, or project work plans.
· Mentorship. Mentorship is in our DNA and part of our development process. As a collaborative, team-based organization, mentors and those being mentored learn from each other – the results and learnings from collaborations of experienced developers and junior resources lead to great success.
Steven Kosakow. Please apply at this link for immediate consideration: https://apply.hrmdirect.com/ResumeDirect/ApplyOnline/Apply.aspx?req_id=7...
· 5+ years of application design & development experience
· Experience with popular platforms, frameworks and components such as Drupal, Alfresco, Magento, Django, Symfony, and Liferay
· Knowledge of MVC architecture
· Basic knowledge of system administration and software and hardware configuration; ability to make informed recommendations to customer IT staff; ability to troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations; security; load balancing and performance
· Familiarity with databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; database software installation; database tuning
· Prior experience in facilitating clients through decision-making processes
· Stellar verbal and written communications skills; just as stellar presentation and facilitation skills
· Willingness to travel to client locations and collaborate with distributed delivery teams as needed